Wednesday, April 9, 2008

There's no place like home

I realized that I had been traveling every weekend since school started, and that my continuing bouts of sickness were telling me to calm down and take it easy in such a slow-moving place. It was fun to stay at home, but I can't say that I got much done. I attempted some research at the library, but the section I needed isn't open on the weekends. I ended up hanging out with the others who stayed behind. Saturday was by far the best day because it included yummy ice-cold smoothies in Accra, followed by a wonderful Chinese dinner at Regal Chinese restaurant. It was a fantastic break from Ghanaian food, and a nice throwback to what I think of as San Francisco cuisine. Otherwise, the days moved very slowly but peacefully. It was really good to spend a down weekend in Legon.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sparkles said...

Theo! I love you! Rosemary and I got your card and kept going "awwww! We love theo!" involuntarily.

I got a job in SF so I'll be living in Hayward with Rosemary next year so lots of opportunities to hang out with you when you get back.

You are one of the sweetest people ever and I cant wait to see you soon! Hang in there champ!